Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f 2 on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f 2 on ebay
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:46:23 EST
As a seller who offers a money-back guarantee, I'd prefer dealing with U.S.
and Canada only due to the high costs of shipping and insurance to and from
other countries. When you're talking $20- $30 shipping plus duties, it gets
expensive just to return something. Somebody's bound to be unhappy if the
item gets returned.  It's just much easier to swallow a $5 shipping fee
between U.S. addresses. And don't tell me I'm being paranoid, and that you do
it all the time and all is fine.*We listees* are not representative of the
buyers and sellers out there that are using eBay, we tend to be more honest
in our dealings , as well as more savvy with reference to international
dealings. I think it's easier for a dishonest seller to dump something on an
unsuspecting overseas buyer. Most of my international deals have left me with
a sour taste for one reason or another.

Regards,
George S.