Re: [OM] I think I committed the unforgiveable -- but had a nice day....

Subject: Re: [OM] I think I committed the unforgiveable -- but had a nice day.......
From: cwaigl@xxxxxxx (Chris Waigl)
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:17:34 GMT
Le Sun, 4 Mar 2001 17:34:46 -0600, "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
écrivit:

>I took my daughters out on a photo excursion today.  As of yesterday,
>they're both 8 years old (the youngest had her birthday yesterday).  I
>equipped them both with OM-G bodies and 50/1.8 lenses.

What a wonderful story. And if you don't make the mistake
my parents made when they wanted to get me interested in
something -- being too pushy, that is -- and let them
discover for themselves, your daughters are very lucky!

I don't have children (yet, I ought to add), my niece
is only two and my other little acquaintances not
older than five, so it's a little early to try to show
them the joys of photography. Eight seems to be an ideal
age. On another photo newsgroup, there is a father whose
daughter started at seven or eight with a yashica T4, and
who got a Minolta STR 100 with a 40mm lens for her ninth
birthday. Some of her pictures are on the web:
http://kundenserver.w3design.de/schlaberg_de/foto/leoni_1/leoni_1.htm .
Since her father is not using Olympus, I hope he's not here,
so I can say that I like her pictures better than his.

--
chris waigl

     I am now prosecuting some things with an engine I formerly
     writ to you of.            (Robert Boyle, to Hardlib 1659)