Re: [OM] FS: 135mm/f4.5 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: 135mm/f4.5 Macro
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:14:18 EST
I wrote:
<< It's important to note that I have never noticed any image loss due
to these flaws, but I imagine Gary Reese would say a thing or two about
it if he tested it head to head with a brand new one. >>

Then Gary wrote:
I doubt that I would notice anything. My personal lens collection has
all sorts of BGN grade (if not UGLY grade) lenses with marks on the
optics. I know that it doesn't matter and that I'll add to the marks
with use. I even have one where I've used the "fill the pit in with
black ink" technique.
I'd highly recommend this lens for tripod mounted close focus work. It
is my most used lens at the moment.

Now I write again!:
It's good to hear that kind of confirmation from our local lens-quality guru.
 I have been very pleased with the results, very sharp.  It works great on
the tripod, as Gary said, but I have used it handheld in bright sunlight
without a flash.  I think some in the past have recommended a T-32 on a
bounce grip.

Alas, no one has enquired about the lens.  I haven't even received an "I'll
give ya fifty bucks for it." e-mail.  Is there really no interest in this
lens?  I guess it goes to eBay, but I'll probably wait until Tom's auction
ends (I've got the coveted rear cap, though) if any of you Zuikoholics are
trying to talk yourself into it still.  I don't think you will be
disappointed....and since there has been some discussion about less than
honest list members, there is a 14 day trial period (although I kind of
thought this was implied among list members.)

Lastly, Gary you surprised me.  I kind of figured you would be a stickler for
perfect glass.  I think that helps keeps us grounded in the fact that most of
the picture is in the individual taking it and not (necessarily) all in the
equipment.

--p.j.  ....no where's that Brownie I saw the other day?

Also, the font has been enlarged at the request of a list member.  Please let
me know if it causing problems for digest readers and any others.