Re: [OM] Re: more "Fungus Farm"

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: more "Fungus Farm"
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:06:46 EST
Whatever you "de-fungus", I'd recommend drying the items whether it's a bag
or a lens outdoors in direct sunlight for a few hours. (Do not put a lens
that's attached to a camera body in direct sunlight!) The UV rays couldn't
hurt in the fungus fight, and the fresh air will help to neutralize any
odors. Someone once told me he regularly brings his lenses out into the
sunshine for preventative treatment in the war against fungus, and mildew.
Don't know if the rays are strong enough to actually prevent the stuff, but
like your grandmother said when she gave you her homemade cold remedy and you
asked if it would really help- "It couldn't hurt!"

George S.