RE: [OM] Vivitar MFS-1 on eBay

Subject: RE: [OM] Vivitar MFS-1 on eBay
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:45:10 -0500
Clemente,
The MFS-1 is an adapter that will fit onto a tripod and has a flash shoe
(cold) on it.  You can put any flash in the shoe and then position it better
for close-up work.
The adapter has a tilt mechanism built into it.  Beautifully made, highly
polished chrome.
For Vivitar flash users there is also a fiber optic-based sensor that
attaches to the sensor of the proper Vivitar flash.  The sensor attaches to
the filter mount of the photographer's lens.  Works very well.

The MFS-1 had a list price of ~$50.  Can get them for less than $10 now.

Brian P. Huber