Re: [OM] What I'd like to see in the next OM (dreaming)

Subject: Re: [OM] What I'd like to see in the next OM (dreaming)
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:29:37 -0500
Lithium cells have the longest shelf life but also the shortest life in
cameras like the 2S, 3, 4, 4T compared to silver oxide life.  The lithium
cells in the OM-2, 2N cause a meter needle position error of up to 3 stops
and may cause the  shutter lock.
OM-2 /2N was designed  around the silver oxide MS76.   Most (many) new 2Ns
came with a pink warning sheet packed as the first thing you see when you
opened your new 2N.  It stated specifically NOT to use alkaline LR44 type or
lithium CR1/3N batteries.  Some new 2Ns might not have had the pink sheet.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000