Re: [OM] Availability of spare parts for 21mm / lens value?

Subject: Re: [OM] Availability of spare parts for 21mm / lens value?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:52:05 -0600
frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My qestion refers to a 21mm F3.5 Zuiko. I´ve one which can`t be focused to
> the minimum
> distance. I´ve talked with a repairman. He said, that it would be repairable,
> when the
> focusing helicoid is still fine. But he can`t repair it, when the focusing
> helicoid is damaged.

I hadn't noticed before, but the helicoid for the old 24mm f/2.8 (with
the silver filter ring) is the
same as your 21mm f/3.5 (Olympus part #ZJ104800).  If you can find one
of these with bad glass, you might get your repair tech to use it's
helicoid to fix your 21mm....

> Altough the position of the rear-element is angular to the  bayonet-mount....

If the internal body that holds the rear lens element has been bent,
even a new helicoid won't help, but I can't imagine how that could
happen.  Maybe something has been replaced improperly....