RE: [OM] OT eBay comment

Subject: RE: [OM] OT eBay comment
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 18:11:59 -0600
Maybe there should be a 'reverse Doris Fang' award, when you sell something
to someone for far more than its worth. Wouldn't be too much pride involved
in such an award, though.

I had a bare, not exactly 'mint' T32 sell on ebay for $185, just a few
dollars less than they can be found new. I felt bad about it, so I also
threw in an Oly 'leather' bag to keep it in when I shipped it. The buyer was
quite happy. Go figure.

Another time I was selling a used 1-8 focusing screen that had hit $36.00
with two days to go in the auction. I decided that was plenty, and ended the
auction early. Naturally the buyer was happy, but I got two emails from
people who were waiting to bid even higher, and wanted to know why I ended
the auction early!

You have to remember that we usually aren't privy to the reasoning people
employ when trying to determine the value an item has for them. Many things
can factor that we aren't aware of.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx