Re: [OM] OM1 VF image size

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 VF image size
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:56:45 +0100
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 07:07:05PM -0000, Marcus b6 wrote:

> Does anyone know just how much actual image you get with the OM1 viewfinder?
> It looks to be somewhat more than my old Konica T3 (which is one of the
> worst in this regard), and I was curious by how much.TIA
> -Marcus

Viewfinder correlation with the finished picture is always a interesting topic.
I´ve found
some Information about this in old magazines. I´ve scanned them in.
The Url is:

http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462/OM/Bildfeld/Bildfeld.html

I hope this can help you a bit. The information is only about newer OM`s with
spot meter.
But the difference is not too much, so I guess the OM 1 vewfinder is pretty
much the same.

Best thing at all, is to find out yourself by placing coins (etc..) at the
viewfinder border for a test shot.
The result will tell you the truth about your viewfinder. When I remember
right, this procedure is described in Jhon shaw`s Landscape photography.

Frieder Faig