RE: [OM] Olympus compartment cases question

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus compartment cases question
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:01:32 -0500
In my opinion, the Olympus bags are/were just OK.  The only real reason to
buy them is because they said Olympus on the side.  As I remember, they are
all vinyl. I offered my small case to the list twice over a 2 year period
before someone bought it for $25.
 Pricing sounds right on the medium, in my mind it is the best of the bunch.
Tenba, Tamrac, Lowepro all make better bags.

Brian P. Huber

  George,

  I've seen a couple, and even seen a couple on Ebay not long ago that
didn't sell for all that much money. I believe B&H also still can get them,
as they're listed on their web site. As of Feb 1 they had one large, one
small in stock at $99.95 and $49.95 respectively. Oddly, the medium case
lists for 128.95 and is marked as available, also.

  I thought they were quite nice, but back in the 70s when this stuff was
new and expensive, I was advised by a photographer friend to buy a
non-descript bag that wasn't readily identifiable as containing lots of 35mm
gear, and have been using the Tamrac padded nylon bag I bought back then,
ever since.