Re: [OM] another fine CLA!

Subject: Re: [OM] another fine CLA!
From: voop@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:32:06 +0100 (MET)
Quoting Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Donald MacDonald wrote:
>
> > Donald (veggie, but would quite like a burgundy or
green leather
> OM2n....)
>
> This brings up an interesting question that I have,
has anyone tried
> using just a "normal" (ie, cow) leather? I have a
vision in my mind of a
> nice suple smooth black leather on a chrome OM-1n but
I'm wondering if
> the lack of texture in the leather might look a bit
strange. I don't
> think it would effect the grip very much (and would
probably feel really
> nice).
>
> Another thought was using fish leather, which might
get some non-meat
> people a bit happier (assuming they still eat fish).
It's been awhile
> since I've touched any but I seem to recall a very
nice smooth feel. I
> think my mother has a piece of it around somewhere,
I'll have to see if
> I can't check it out again.

I still vote for the Cobra-skin for the chrome bodies
and the red snake skin for the black-painted bodies.

Excuse my lack of reptile-knowledge here, but I assume
that both a cobra and whatever snake the red skin comes
from are lethal if one is not on friendly terms with
them, no?

That would suit the OM's well, I take. OM's are, by
deifnition, lethal to the mental image of any n*kon- or
c*non-user, who thinks he needs heavy wunderbricks to
make good photos ;)

Ok, I'll stop now......

--thomas

(PS: The other half has just prohibited an OM with red
skin from entering the house. The argument was that "it
looks sissy". The cobra-one, though, got some "uhh"
and "ahh" and "nice"....hmm.......)