Re: Skins was Re: [OM] thoughts on ...

Subject: Re: Skins was Re: [OM] thoughts on ...
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:05:42 EST
<< Ever tried Ostrych, Osteritch, Oysterish, oh hell, tried Emu? How
 about Shark or eel, the slimy things., Hmmm, maybe Catfish...

 geo2

I saw a show recently that had boots made from HUMAN SKIN : O !!
It seems that some folks didn't particularly care for the fellow.......
After he was hanged they decided to further "the fun" by tanning some of his
skin.  The Governor at the time in Montana wore the shows daily.  I am not
making this up!
Last year in Nepal at Namche Bazaar on the way to Everest basecamp, I came
across a vendor that had a very old silver-lined monk skull cap for sale! Not
a cap for warmth-a SKULL CAP.   I can't imagine customs having any problem
with that....
I am not a fan of skins of critters killed just for their skin but I have
seen some really neat tanned salmon skins that are awesome here in the
Northwest.
Maybe we need a Northwest version OM 4t with Sockeye red salmon skin,
WATERPROOF ofcourse or seals beyond moisture seals, with image stabilizing
lenses (for the quakes) and throw in some riot-proof grade titanium as well
if heading to Seattle for anything.
John Raymond
Olympia, WA