Re: [OM] actual recovery

Subject: Re: [OM] actual recovery
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:22:19 -0800 (PST)
Eric wrote:
For those of us who can afford Zuikoholism financially, it's a fun
thing to be afflicted with and joke about.
For those of us who succumbed and seriously regretted spending money
that should have been put to use for necessities, savings, family,
etc., I found a good web site to cure "lens envy", even if it's just a
brief counter-fix: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bronlensenvy.html
Enjoy that 50mm/1.8!!!
Thanks for that link, Eric. Monaghan has some interesting articles.
In this one, I found some of the "cost per picture" stuff boring and
irrelevant but the general point he makes is still valid. You can
certainly spend far more than necessary if you don't think carefully
about what you actually need and are likely to use.

I can think of some good examples, in the Zuiko line-up, where the less
expensive, smaller max. aperture alternative provides very good
reproduction with a much lower cost, weight and size. e.g: the 21mm
f/3.5, 28mm f/2.8, 100mm f/2.8 and, as you say, the 50mm f/1.8 (one of
the best bargains of all time). These are exquisite, compact lenses
that give superb images most of the time.

Regards,

=====
Ray