Re: [OM] mirror lock up-where did it go?

Subject: Re: [OM] mirror lock up-where did it go?
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:40:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Dirk Wright wrote:

> I think it is because the newer cameras have aperture and mirror prefire,
> which apparently obviates the need for a mirror lockup.

The self-timer thing helps, but I'd like one that works without the 10
second delay.

I like shooting in low light, so minimising the shakes is important,
especially when hand-holding.  Using the 6x7 I was able to get a
reasonably sharp image at 1/8 s by prefiring the mirror & aperture about
1/8-1/4s before releasing the shutter, when the vibration from the clunk
had died away.  I'd like to be able to do that with an OM.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |