Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.

Subject: Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:32:29 -0500
Clint would know more about it that I.  Some people with OM-PCs had  a tiny
slider switch installed between the battery wire and the circuit.  The
plastic top cover makes this easy.  When done turn the camera (truly) off.
The 4 has something like 3 or 4 ICs and they're all with something like blue
epoxy.  Circuits were made for Olympus by Sharp after Oly invested tons of
money trying to make them in house.
I'll do it in my spare time......;-)

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000