Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.

Subject: Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 07:33:02 -0800 (PST)
I wonder if there is room from the bottom of the OM-4
to install a small 'normally closed' magnetic switch
between the battery and the circuit? That way, by
keeping a small magnet on the outside of the camera
over the switch inside the body, the switch would be
open. When you take the magnet away, the circuit would
be closed. Since you only need it off during storage,
I would think that keeping the magnet in place
wouldn't be a problem.

I'll take a look sometime this weekend. Maybe Tim
Hughes knows if there is a small enough, high quality
NC magnetic switch available for this purpose.

Chip Stratton
cstat@xxxxxxxxx