Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?

Subject: Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
From: Michael & Angela Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:56:08 -0800
Gary Reese (Single handedly trying to dry up the cheap, used OM-2s
market) Wrote:
Here is something to ponder. Perhaps the OM List, by collectively
repeating "conventional wisdom," puts an undeserved bad rap on certain
OM System components? Case in point: the circuits in an OM-2S.

Gary,
    I really do understand your point here, but how am I ever going to
replace my OM-2s, IF it ever dies, at a reasonable cost? <grin>   I
have always viewed the "circuit board malady" with a "enjoy it while I
can attitude".  I have never used an OM-4(Ti) and I am a little afraid
that it would be so much better than the 2s that I would be forced to
spend nearly twice as much to obtain one.
    So if you are successful at getting the OM-2s the respect it
deserves, when the time comes I will upgrade to an OM-4Ti, but only
because the cost difference between the 2s has shrunk to the point that
it only makes sense.
    So, it is with mixed emotions I applaud your attempts at debunking
the "conventional wisdom" and with any luck I won't ever be in the
position to replace my 2s.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California