Re: [OM] Ebay BIN

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay BIN
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:07:42 -0400

DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx wrote:

> theyr'e not setting their MAX price, but their minimum they want for the
> auction. Only problem i see is that , now everyone wil know the reserve price
> up front..could keep a lot of people from bidding at all..

Personally, here's how I would do it (but I haven't used BIN ever when
I've been selling).

Set my reserve price to the minimum I'd sell it for. This covers you so
that you don't give it away for nothing.

Set my BIN price to higher than my reserve price. Probably around (or a
bit above) what would be an average price for the item. As I see it, BIN
is for those people that want that item now and want it at a guaranteed
price. In exchange for that, they should be paying a bit more for that.

If I'm doing a reserve auction, I usually set a low starting bid
(usually $1.00).

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx