Re: [OM] OM-2s Circuits [was "Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?"]

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Circuits [was "Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?"]
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 14:30:00 -0800
Clinton:

I was delighted to have your input on this issue! Especially
enlightening was your caution about doing an analysis of reasons for
"as-is" sales on auctioned cameras.

Regarding another list subscribers comment that the ones with bad
"circuits" are probably weeded out of circulation. To the best of my
knowledge this was never an major issue causing repair orders under
factory warranty repair (source: former Olympus America Service Center
in Rolling Meadows, IL). And that is when the problem would have shown
up.

Regarding increased appeal/price as the result of establishing this as a
more reliable camera than previously thought. Sorry, but there is no
better time than now to get these.

Re: the T-32 Zoom Adapter. I'd say of the black frame holding the
fresnel lens "brittle plastic under stress." It doesn't take much impact
to crack these at their corners.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV