Re: [OM] Ebay BIN

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay BIN
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:41:03 -0400

DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Same here Andrew..my BIN would be a medium of what I'd like to make,
> somewhere in between the reserve and a high price. If I did a BIN..i don't
> usually buy any add-ons when selling on Ebay...I'm cheap.

Yep, or maybe slightly more money, since they are paying for getting the
item right away and at a guaranteed price.

Personally though, I think you really need to know what you're selling,
and what the demmand for it is.

An example, I had bought a piece of networking equipment used for $600.
It was a great deal because the equipment normally sold new for over
$2000. A year later, that was still the price for it. I wasn't using it
much so I put it up on ebay. I set a reserve of around $800 (if I
remember correctly). If I had've used BIN I might have set that to
$1000. In the end, it sold for $1525. If I were going to ever use BIN,
I'd really spend the time to determine what that price should be, and do
a lot more research as to what the normal going price for the item would
be. If I had've set a BIN price, I probably would've sold the item with
it but that would've left me out $500 (although I still would've been
happy with making $400 profit on my purchase).

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx