Re: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:24:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Bernd Moeller wrote:

> Kindly ask
> for more front light, more red lights then blue (film is more
> sensitive to red light, I think)

You're kidding, right?  the last thing you want (if you want anything
resembling reasonable skin tones) is more red light, especially if
you're using daylight film. I've taken pictures of performers
illuminated largely by red light and they look ghastly - sometimes they
look almost like cardboard cut-outs standing out from the rest of the
picture.  Well I don't like the effect anyway.  Adding some blue helps
compensate for the daylight film/tungsten light.  Too much of that is a
bad thing, too IMO.  Yellow, strangely, can work rather well though.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |