Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.

Subject: Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:54:22 -0500
One guy bragged that he got 8 years out of 1 OM-1 battery.  Then I opened
the camera and found the clear liquid that had leaked out had run through
the wire like a wick, gotten into the meter circuit and corroded all the
copper tracings. DYAF (do yourself a favor) and just change the battery
yearly.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000