Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?

Subject: Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:09:00 EST
In a message dated 3/12/01 10:06:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
image66@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> The OM-2S is, in my humble opinion, superior to the
>  OM-4(ti) in handheld photography and E-6 photography.
>  The OM-4(ti) has an edge with the multispot metering
>  in B&W and complex lighting conditions.

Wow, high praise, Ken.  But you know what?  I've heard several similar
variations of your praise from several sources since acquiring mine.  Some on
this list, some around local camera stores (when the boss was, ah, over on
the other side of the store).  John H. says nice things about the OM-2S on
his site.  And somebody on the list (Tom S.?) told me basically the same
thing  you talked about re: the possibility of it dying:  just go get another
one.  I would do just that.

I'm feeling more and more satisfied about deciding to get an OM-2S, even
after all these years of longing for one.  And glad that I got one for my
bro-in-law & sister.  If for whatever reason they decide they aren't happy
with it, I'll take it back and get them an OM-2000 or a P&S or something
digital or whatever they think they might like better.  But I'm pretty
confident that bro-in-law, in particular, is going to have fun with it and
fall in love with it, as I have.  I'll give him batteries & film every
birthday and Christmas.

Rich