Re: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:21:17 -0600
It's been over 10 years since I was at either the B&O Museum or the
Pennsylvania State Railroad museum, and I can't reliably recall differences in
lighting between the two, but from a number of failed photo attempts at the PA
museum, I found that a flash just ruins the shot.  My only success was to use
400 asa film, and set my OM1 on 1 second exposure, wide open, with tripod.
Today, I'd use an OM2 or 4, and let the automatic meter do its thing. Time
exposures work just great in Railroad museums- your tripod will move faster
than any of those locomotives.  The only possible use for a flash in this case
is to walk around with it and use it to light up any shadows inside cabs, or
along the undercarriage.

Steve Goss, Dallas TX usa