(Fwd) Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:44:59 +0000
Date:          13 Mar 2001 02:22:18 -0000

From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:21:54 -0600

Rich,

That probably was me.  The OM-2S is one of, it not the, best value in OM
bodies.  Most of the features of an OM-4 plus program mode.  They can be
found on ebay (with patience) for $200 or so.  I hate to consider them
disposable, because they are not, but let's face it, if you get a few years
out of it, you've made out like a bandit.

Now, having said that, the OM-4 prices are a little un*stable, so nice
ones can be found for good prices.  Personally, I've had more problems
with OM-4 bodies and OM-2S bodies. Not statistically meaningful, just me
experience.

Great camera!

Tom

And somebody on the list (Tom S.?) told me basically the same