[OM] more BIN musings

Subject: [OM] more BIN musings
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:02:43 -0600
I think 'Buy It Now' is a more potent seller's tool than most of us have
realized. This evening a Zuiko 21/2.0 went for $625, and a 90/2.0 for $775.
These are each about $100 more than I can remember seing either sell for on
ebay in the past. Either Olympus on Ebay is once again a seller's market, or
'Buy It Now' is sometimes making a big difference in top dollar paid for
some items.

It only takes one person to go high with 'Buy It Now', but it  takes two
people bidding high to do so in a normal auction - excepting those with very
high reserves.

Its also a lot easier to goof up and make a non-retractable bid via 'Buy It
Now'. I can say that with some authority.....

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx