Re: [OM] OT: BIN alerts/eBay slow indexing?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: BIN alerts/eBay slow indexing?
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:45:53 -0400

GMcGrath@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Scott,
> Thanks for the suggestion...flushing my cache got things back up to
> speed. I
> had been manually hitting the refresh button, but that still wasn't
> reloading
> the page.

Sometimes that doesn't force it to get the page from the web, it will
often still load it from cache (a fact I discovered back when I was
doing a lot of web design and which has prompted me to always set my
disk cache to 0). In netscape, you can hold down shift while hitting
reload in order to force it to get the page from the web. I believe the
same trick works in IE but I could be wrong.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx