Re: [OM] more BIN musings

Subject: Re: [OM] more BIN musings
From: Michael Stahulak <mstahulak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:36:16 -0700
on 3/13/01 8:02 PM, Chip Stratton at cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I think 'Buy It Now' is a more potent seller's tool than most of us have
> realized. This evening a Zuiko 21/2.0 went for $625, and a 90/2.0 for $775.
> These are each about $100 more than I can remember seing either sell for on
> ebay in the past. Either Olympus on Ebay is once again a seller's market, or
> 'Buy It Now' is sometimes making a big difference in top dollar paid for
> some items.

OK, I'm the guy that pulled the trigger on that 90/2. I only feel slightly
foolish;) Time (and the arrival of the lens) may make me feel more (or less)
so. Foolish - and happy.

For what its worth, an equally clean 90/2 went for $736 (at the end of a 7
day auction) just 9 or 10 days ago. The last one I have any other record of
is in Chris O'Neill's ebay db @$645 - from overseas. I guess that if I had
been patient, I might have gotten a mint used version for $650 (or even
$6.50, eventually). Maybe. I dunno. But not this one.

Yee-Haa!!

Mike