[OM] Backpacking w/OM question

Subject: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question
From: Michael Stahulak <mstahulak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:05:50 -0700
So, I'm going on a 4 day backpacking trip in the Needles district of
Canyonlands National Park, my first real backpacking trip. I'm wondering how
you experienced backpackers out there carry your camera gear (granted that
the amount of such gear should be minimized). It would seem to need to be
easily available and safe from rain (yep, it rains in southern Utah,
especially during backpacking trips, I understand) and other water. I'll
already be carrying a backpack, so my normal hiking fanny pack won't do
(plus its not waterproof).

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Mike