RE: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question

Subject: RE: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 05:50:13 -0700
Lowepro makes a series of top-loader bags of various sizes and features and
some are what they call AW which means they have a little rain cover that
can be pulled over the bag for extra protection. I prefer to suspend one of
these from the front of the pack straps so the bag lays against my chest.
Lowepro also makes lens bags of many sizes that can be fastened to the pack
belt or other places. These work very well for me. A light weight poncho
that can go over you and the pack equipment is also a good idea as most
packs will soak through in a hard rain.....like the cloudbursts in
Canyonlands. Enjoy your trip, it's a beautiful place.  /jnm