RE: [OM] [OT] The fall of PayPal?

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] The fall of PayPal?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:36:25 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, William Clark wrote:

> I have had many friends here in Canada have trouble with these electronic
> payment systems.  I refuse to use them.  I always send a money order.  It is
> far cheaper and less hassle, given the issues with such payment.  While it
> may take a bit longer to get the shipment, I find it far more comfortable.
> The payment systems are just too young for me to trust just yet.

I find PayPal to be extremely useful for payments and I've never had a
problem with it.  For anything under $125US, PayPal is cheaper than getting
a money order (C$4.50) and mailing it (C$.70).  For larger amounts I'll
gladly pay a few extra dollars to avoid wasting an hour driving around
and standing in lineups.  However, PayPal is a hassle for receiving payments
and I won't use it for that.
                                        -mark