[OM] Cozy Kit and public Thank Yous

Subject: [OM] Cozy Kit and public Thank Yous
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:44:23 -0800 (PST)
A couple months ago, I started a process of
"freshening the kit" of which I feel is now complete.

Thanks to the big time generosity of Tom Scales, Gary
Schloss, Joel Wilcox and the others who puchased items
from me, I've been able to refit my kit to a very
comfortable selection.  I was also able to pass the
generosity along to another photographer who was
sans-camera due to similar financial trials.  So,
Gary, a gentleman by the name of Lee is extremely
thankful for the 50/1.8 that you gave me as it is his
sole lens.

My kit is smaller, but I believe much more usable:

OM-2S
OM-4 (thank you, Tom)
24/2.8 SC
50/3.5 SC (thank you, Joel)
100/2.8 SC
200/4 SC (thank you, Joel)
Extension tubes
Flash
Miscellaneous accessories
Winders

Last, but not least, I now have a scanner.  A very big
thank you to Joel.

Notice the absence of the 35/shift.  I believe the
"code of silence" will soon be broken by the person
who acquired it.  I thought that I'd never part with
it, and I'm sure that there will be days when I kick
myself, but for right now, I came out WAY AHEAD!

I've been part of the Oly List for much of the past
five years and I've known the list to be most generous
to those in need.  My wife and I have gone through
extensive health (cancer) and financial trials the
past two years and I have appreciated the friendships
of Tom as we've been able to relate to the health
issues, and Joel who has kept me semi-sane by getting
together periodically to enjoy photography.  I would
have developed a disgust for Iowa had it not been for
a friend with like interests and toys.  There have
been others, but these two individuals, in particular,
have been such an encouragement to me.  Tom loaned me
the OM-4 and a BIG lens to try out and "pay whenever
you can".  I'm returning the lens because I really
can't afford it right now, but I'll say that he is a
class-act and his stuff is exactly, if not better,
than described.

I'm "paying" the household for the scanner by not
eating lunch for a while, but that is, but, one small
sacrifice for releasing the image files from bondage.
Besides, I can live without a few meals. <g>

Ken N.