Re: Re: [OM] Unusual Zuiko lens

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Unusual Zuiko lens
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:13:46 +0100
: There's no 180/2.8 in the picture.

Agreed - this isn't listed in early brochures/manuals either.

: I may be wrong on my tagging of the 75-150/4.

The lens you tagged as 75-150/4 looks a lot like the 200/5 with its thick
focusing ring; the only problem is that the two lenses right behind the body can
only be the 200/4 and 200/5 - their relative height corresponds to that (I have
both).

: Yes, I think that the early prototype 75-150 is just to the right of the OM-1.

If this is right than there are two other lenses with built-on hoods in the
picture, and not identified yet, and they must be the 135/3.5 and 135/2.8.
Looking at their shape the 135/2.8 must be the one in the front near the
fisheyes and the 135/3.5 (which also has a relative thick focusing ring) must be
the one you tagged as the 75-150 - right behind the 135/4.5 macro prototype
(which by the way probably not sits on an extension tube but on its long rear
cap).

:Maybe it's the 90-250/5 that's listed on the system chart in the same brochure?

I've never seen photo's of this lens before (I know it is mentioned in early
brochures).

: Hans - any other ideas?

Yes - I think some of us are so frustrated that Olympus doesn't introduce
anything new anymore for OM that we spend hours and hours analyzing old pictures
containing obsolete units that never went into production anyway ;)

hnz