Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition

Subject: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:29:14 -0700
Barry H. <bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just back from a couple weeks in Edmonton, Alberta where I finally got to
> meet the elusive Garth and ZA Pres Chris. Garth very generously sprung for
> lunch for the three of us and then tempted fate by allowing Chris and I to
> fondle his OM4 with first the 50/1.2 then the 21/2 and finally the 90/2 --
> WOW nice glass! Seems I just missed being able to see that fabled 250/2 -
> well done Garth.

I mentioned our lunch, but didn't go into details cuz I figured I'd leave
the blow-by-blow to you.  :-)  Yeah, Garth was nice 'nuff to bring some
fast glass for us to fondle, but as you'll remember he got darned-right
stingy 'bout letting us take it home for "testing."  <Grin!>

Notwithstanding, that, though, a hearty thanks to you *both* for a
wonderful diversion from an otherwise busy workday!

> About three hours after the three of us had lunch my daughter presented us
> with grandchild no 2 - a granddaughter named Chantal.

I wondered if your daughter popped...  Congratulations!  One comment,
though... It doesn't appear to me that the kid got many of your genes...
no beard!!!  <Grin!>

> can't pass on that kind of situation so my grandson (age 7) and I raced to
> the hospital and quickly blew through several rolls of Reala and T400CN
> (OM1, OM4, 50/1.8 and 85/2) using mostly available light.

What?!?!?  You didn't use the 35-RC that you showed us at lunch?!?!?
SHAME!  SHAME!  :-)

> (yes you read right - not even 24 hours in the hospital)

That's common practice these days, unless there's complications.  The fact
that they "sprung her" that quickly is a very *good* sign that both mom and
daughter are doing great!

> Now a proud grandpa just can't resist so -- presenting Chantal:

Nice shots!  Like I said, though, the new granddaughter obviously doesn't
have many of your genes.  :-)

> Needless to say my riches have increased ten thousand fold now.

Yup!  Again, congratulations to your daughter, her SO, and grandma and
grandpa!

Regards,

Chris