Re: [OM] Tamron SP 350mm f5.6 mirror lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 350mm f5.6 mirror lens
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:09:50 EST
>No, but you're right up to the point where you say >25%. That's only about
>0.3 stops. The original post mentions 3 stops, and >the only way I can see
>this happening is when the T-adapter isn't able to >tell the camera that the
>lens is permanently stopped down (been there, >lots of overexposed pictures
>and a wasted night by the telescope). Check the >pictures
>Thomas
VERY interesting!  I shot all my pictures with my Ser 1 Viv 450/4.5 with an OM
4 in auto so all looked great ofcourse.  I see where the t-mount could make a
difference but can it actually cause the finder to go darker when the lens is a
fixed f stop?
 I should test a roll with both lenses on manual and on what the meter reads
and see if infact i do get over exposed pics or shoot in subdued light that
will cause the shutters to be slower (both at f4.5)so I can actually hear if
they are "close" to the same sound in time as a 3 stop difference on slow
exposures will really extend the time.
Thans for the thoughts.
This may renew my faith in my "fast" mirror.
John Raymond
Olympia, WA