Re: [OM] Tamron SP 350mm f5.6 mirror lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 350mm f5.6 mirror lens
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:04:03 +0100

Thanks Gary

I remembered just after I had sent the query that you had tested it, and the
results certainly helped my decision to buy the lens; not a difficult decision
at the price ($50).

My visit to the seller was very interesting; he lived in a very small apartment
(I would guess less than 400 sq.ft) in Copenhagen that turned out to be an
Alladin's cave. He had been collecting cameras for 25 years, mostly Nikon,
Canon, Contax, and Leica, but had a small Olympus collection (OM-1, -2, -2n,
-2SP, -4, -4ti) with some interesting extras. He probably had at least 100
bodies and 200-300 lenses, the oldest being a fine 1935/36 Exakta Varex.

He also had a Tokina 500mm/f8 mirror, which looked smaller than the 350mm
Tamron! The Tokina was the reason that he was selling the Tamron, lucky for me.

By the way, the Tamron has a little button on the back; when you press it, the
back part of the lens can be rotated 90 degrees, from a red mark to a white
mark. Any idea what it is used for?

mvh / regards
Roger Key

<< Anyone know much about the performance? >>