Re: [OM] OM2 Mirror probs?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 Mirror probs?
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:45:15 -0800
Original OM-1 batteries are no longer readily available (it is illegal to sell
them in most countries including the US) You can get a converter or have it
physically converted by Camtech or other repair facilities. The last convertor I
bought was about $30.00.

The mirror lockup on the OM-2 MAY just be a dead battery! the OM-2 was designed
to lock up the mirror when the battery went dead, the fix is pretty simple, set
the camera to bulb (B) and install a new battery. If that does not do the job
then you probably have a more serious problem which would require a trip to a
repair facility.

Jim Couch

silas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this group although I have has OM1s in many guises since 1975, I
> have only ever had one OM2 which I liked very much.
>
> Could anyone help with a couple of queries. What is the situation for OM1
> batteries, are they discontinued or what?
>
> I have been offered an OM2 with the mirror locked up, is this repairable a)
> by myself b) by a dealer, if so at what sort of cost.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA