RE: [OM] Frozen 357s

Subject: RE: [OM] Frozen 357s
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:34:30 -0600
Silver oxide cells will lose about 100er year of their total capacity when
kept at room temperature i.e. 20-25 degrees Celsius.

Keeping them cooler than room temperature WILL slow this down, though I
can't tell you offhand by how much.

When you take your tiny little cell out of the fridge/freezer, hold it
tightly in your warm hand for about 30 seconds, and it probably will be warm
enough to no longer condense moisture on its surface. Then wipe it off, you
don't want the salts from your fingers to accelerate oxidation of cell or
contact surfaces.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx