Re: [OM] any opinions on places to go in S.E. Utah?

Subject: Re: [OM] any opinions on places to go in S.E. Utah?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:28:30 EST
In a message dated 3/16/01 8:17:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I've been to:  Zion, Escalante, Moab area and the St. George area.. Can
>  anyone recommend a beautiful area that is a little off the beaten track?
>  friend has recommended the Grand Gulch Primitive area...  And if you look
at

>  a Utah map, it is certainly a place you have to want to arrive at...
Anyone
>  been there?

A month ago I went to the "Wave" and to Antelope Canyon (just lower). You
need 6 months advance reservation to go to the Wave. But for a small fee you
can go into Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon. It is very cliched but
nonetheless very beautiful and amazing.

I still want to hike/photo Cottonwood Narrows, Dry Fork Coyote and Peek-A-Boo
Gulch, and the Virgin River Narrows. Most of these are in the Escalante area.
A couple of years ago I went to Buckskin Gulch, which is relatively close to
the road, and has the highest ratio of canyon height to width of any slot
canyon.

If you want further details, of where I want to go or where I've been please
email me off-line.

Good luck regardless.

Warren