Re: [OM] T-32 Foot crack

Subject: Re: [OM] T-32 Foot crack
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:14:11 +0000
The foot is removable, but first you have to open the T32 and get
a circuit board out of the way to acces the screws holding the foot on
from the inside.

I have had some success in fixing cracks in T32 plastic, including a foot,
by roughening the plastic on either side of the crack, degreasing, and
then applying a thin coat of epoxy resin with carbon fibres as
reinforcement.  The fibres are placed lengthwise across the crack.

Giles