Re: [OM] great lens test site... (Nikon)

Subject: Re: [OM] great lens test site... (Nikon)
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 08:35:57 -0500
I suggested a while back that some of us should check out the
photographyreview.com site. Like Michael, I use the site a fair amount to
get info on both film and equipment that I'm interested in acquiring.
However, allow me to throw my hat into the ring along with Chris by saying
that I would like to see a dedicated Zuiko review site as well. If such a
site were to be created, I would be a frequent visitor for sure...

What I would find useful in such a site would be a head to head comparison
between zuikos with the same focal length. That is to say, there might be
some mechanism in place to allow those familiar with say, all of the
different versions of the 35mm (f2,f2.8,f3.5) to be able to rate one against
the others. In photographyreview, you simply rely on the overall rating
which in most cases isn't very helpful. Upon reviewing the comments provided
for the lenses, you ususally end up with the standard 'great lens', 'fine
lens', or 'I've been really happy with this lens', which are all fine,
except when both lenses you are trying to compare have similar comments. If
you could include the means to compare these lenses against one another I
think you would have a real winner.

Thanks for offering to do such an undertaking Andrew!

Bruce