[OM] Strange OM1(n) behaviour?

Subject: [OM] Strange OM1(n) behaviour?
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:38:32 -0500
On the weekend I was checking over my OM1(n) for any glitches (I plan to
send to Camtech soon so I wanted to get any possible issues identified) when
I found something funny.  When the meter is switched off, if I turn the
shutter speed dial towards B (about 1 or 2 speed), I can get the meter
needle to move.  It will also move again at this point if I change the
aperture settings.  This also happens WITHOUT A BATTERY.  Any insight as to
what this is and why the needle would move even without a battery?  When it
moves it is not a correct reading; when the meter is switched back or a
battery replaced on it works properly.

Thanks for the advice.

-Bill