Re: [OM] Oil on aperature blades!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Oil on aperature blades!!!!
From: "Hans-Joachim Busch" <Busch-Koeln@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:38:02 +0100
If the lens becomes hot -in a car for example- the oil evaporates and later
condenses on the aperture blades or/and the lenses. This effects picture-
and exposurequality additionally by catching dust, that is thrown into the
lens by the mirror (like a door you shut hard). The lense shold be cleaned
soon by the service. For a lens with few elements it is a little job (in
Germany about 50,-DM), but for lenses with floating elements it is a very
great job.
Jochen