Re: [OM] Why a 28 mm on a rangefinder (XA 40

Subject: Re: [OM] Why a 28 mm on a rangefinder (XA 40
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:37:55 +0800
The XA-4 has serious light fall off at most (or all) apertures. You
don't need to worry about the A-16 can cover the 28mm or not, even a
T32 will not make it better.

Check this one out, it was shot with negative, slide will make it even
worse:

http://www.glink.net.hk/~olympus/pict/klp-02.jpg

I bought the XA-4 since there was an essay in VisionAge that mentioned
the XA-4 has special lens design to improve the image peripheral
quality. I just wish it would be better than the XA since I found the
falloff in XA not quite acceptable. But unfortunately XA-4's falloff
is poor than the XA.

C.H.Ling

*- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Clemente Colayco wrote:
>
> > Hi Doris:
> >
> > Am pleased to be in touched with the famed "Doris Fang." Just a bit afraid I
> > might get DF'd...Just kidding. Seriously, I just received this XA 4. Still
> > have to see how pictures come out. Though CH Ling once said that this camera
> > is given worth more as a collectors item than for its picture taking
> > ability.

<snip>