Re: [OM] Mulit Spot Metering (Guesstimates?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Mulit Spot Metering (Guesstimates?)
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <alasdair.mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Mar 2001 11:10:58 +0000
"Bruce Appelbaum" <brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Of course you could take an average with an OM2sp.  But the OM-4 feature
> makes the process a lot easier.

> > I have just read about how the OM 4 or ti does averaging of up to 8
> > meter readings within the image. Could I duplicate the result more or
> > less by using an OM2SP and figuring in my mind only where the median
> > might be

The OM-4's averaging spot meter is linked up to the auto exposure mode,
which makes it very easy to use. You sample 3 or 4 appropriate parts of the
scene, and your exposure is set automatically for you. It's a very quick
and intuitive process.

I remember correctly the OM2sp will only give you spot metering in manual
mode. Obviously you can still calculate the average in your head, and set
the exposure accordingly, but the OM-4 is so much easier to use.

Alasdair