Re: [OM] Photography Books

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography Books
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:04:33 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:07:38 -0700, Chris O'Neill wrote:

>Someone asked awhile back 'bout good books on how to take great
>pictures.

To tell the truth, the basics of photography are simple enough that
their time might be better spent studying great photographs. I
recently picked up Annie Leibowicz's "Women", and can't count the
hours I've studied her shots. Exposure, focus, composition, choice of
film, background, bokeh, etc. are all used masterfully to communicate
something about the subject. An hour critiquing her photographs
followed by an hour of critiquing my own is two hours well spent.

BB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com