Re: [OM] 135/3.5 repaired (OT - Nationality)

Subject: Re: [OM] 135/3.5 repaired (OT - Nationality)
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:25:47 -0400

Chris Barker wrote:

> For some reason Andrew I thought that you were Scottish.

Does New Scotland (Nova Scotia) count? Maybe it was a different Andrew...

On the other hand, I do recall seeing somewhere that Dacey had gaelic roots.

> Anyway, you *know* that Canadians are British really... you don't
> have to have Foot & Mouth affecting your livestock to be British
> <sheepish grin>.

As I pointed out to Chris O'Neill earlier, being not American is a
Canadian institution. I then proceeded to mention that as a subset of
this, Canadians also know who REALLY won the war of 1812 (I mean the
white house got torched, how any American can think they won that war is
beyond me). So your point is somewhat accurate, Canadians do claim
credit for beating the Americans, even if we were still Britain at that point.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx