RE: [OM] 135/3.5 repaired

Subject: RE: [OM] 135/3.5 repaired
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:14:43 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner

Huh? I don't get it. What's the contradiction between being Canadian and
being American? What continent is Canada on, if it's not America (which is
what I had thought so far)?
While Germans and Austrians are _not_ the same, none of them would deny
being European (which also goes for the French, Spanish, Italians,
Portuguese, .....).
So while, of course, Canadians and U.S.-Americans are not the same, how come
some Canadians insist on not being American?

Volkart...

I'm an American and there are times when I would tend to agree with my
Canadian brethren.  The 'low' points in this country's journey tend to
overshadow, unfortunately, the 'high' points.  For every Monika Lewisnski or
Jeffrey Dahmer, there's a hundred thousand decent, upstanding people that
are quietly out of sight doing their best with the God-given gifts and
talents they have.

And, BTW, we must still be doing something right here.  In the last two days
I've been in a local post office where I heard being spoken a)Russian
b)Chinese, and c)Spanish, and then a discount type store where all the staff
as well as the customers seemed to be Russian.  Still seems to be an influx
of residents and not a stampede to leave...

Just my $0.02 worth, and with the recent stock market plunge, it's probably
only a cent and a half
Jim