Re: [OM] Tamron SP 80-200mm f/2.8 [was: 80 2.8 on Ebay]

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 80-200mm f/2.8 [was: 80 2.8 on Ebay]
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:58:39 EST
In a message dated Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:28:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Gary
Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< I revisited the 200mm test slides taken with the Tamron SP 80-200mm
f/2.8  Least we all get too fond of this useful beast, let me just say
that there is some color fringing (purple) at 200mm in mine and there is
a noticable decrease (although not major) in image contrast over a prime
lens. Also, resolution is better in horizontal detail than in vertical,
which might represent astigmatism.

There is a reason I didn't test this with the Olympus 1.4x-A.  It
doesn't fit.

Gary Reese

Gary,

Interesting comments.  What apertures was the color fringing noticeable?

Regards,

Greg Logiodice