Re: [OM] Why Olympus won't retrofit the OM lens line for digital...

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Olympus won't retrofit the OM lens line for digital...
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:12:27 -0500
<<If so, I'm thinking Oly might bring out a digital system with interchangeable
lenses which are *not* OM System Zuikos.>>

I'd stake my professional reputation on it. If and When Oly produces a digital
SLR with interchangeable lens they will  certainly not be the current Zuilkos
'cause:

1. They'll be AF.
2. They'll be digital-specific designs or at least touted as such.
3. No one outside of this list would spring for a new digital body mated to
*old* Zuiko lens designs. That'd be a marketing blunder that would make New
Coke and the OM77 look like works of genius.